Learn New Parenting Skills to enjoy a more positive relationship with your child and give your children what they need most – You
- Do you feel you need more Parenting Skills to help your child?
- Do you feel like you have lost control of your role as a parent?
- Do you find yourself shouting at your child more often than laughing with your child?
- Do you feel you have lost touch with your child… don’t feel as close as you’d like?
- Do you feel frustrated and find yourself saying the same things over and over, with no results?
- Would you like for your relationship with your child to go back to the “way it used to be”?
If you have answered yes to these questions, and your child is under the age of 10, then C-P-R Parent Mentoring could be for you – helping you to learn skills that will make a difference in your life and the life of your child.
What is C-P-R-T?
When children have problems, sometimes they don’t have the words to talk about them. Play gives children a way to communicate feelings they don’t understand or can’t express any other way.
Play therapy has been shown to be an effective intervention with children for a variety of behavioral and emotional difficulties.
Research has shown that motivated parents can be trained to be as effective as play therapists using play therapy skills with their own children, with as little as 20 hours of Child-Parent-Relationship (C-P-R) Training.
Research studies have shown that Child-Parent-Relationship (C-P-R) Training can:
- Reduce or eliminate behavior problems
- Enhance the parent-child relationship and the marital relationship
- Develop responsibility and self-control in children
- Increase children’s self-esteem and self-confidence
- Increase parents’ feelings of warmth for their children
How CPRT Parent Mentoring Works
Child-Parent-Relationship (C-P-R) Mentoring is conducted in 8-10 weekly, 1-hour one to one sessions with the therapist.
What will CPRT Teach Me
Some of the things you will learn include:
- How to regain control as a parent
- How to Communicate more effectively with your child
- How to help your child open up to you
- How to Help your child develop self-control
- Therapeutic limit setting – how to effectively discipline & limit inappropriate behaviour
- How to understand your child’s emotional needs
- How to build your child’s self-esteem
- How to foster creativity, self-control, and self-responsibility
Benefits of CPRT
If you follow through on the techniques shared you will see a noticeable difference in:
- Your relationship with your child
- Your child’s behaviour
- Your ability to respond effectively
- Your confidence in your parenting skills
About the Programme
- Weekly sessions for 1 hour over 8-10 weeks
- Individual sessions (or both parents may attend)
- Location – Greystones, Co. Wicklow
To find out more call Yvonne Lucas on 086 814 2293 or email email@example.com
Counselling Wicklow; Play Therapy Wicklow; Play Therapy Dublin; Teen Counselling Wicklow; Teen Counselling Dublin; Counsellor Wicklow; Reiki Wicklow; Reiki Dublin; Counselling & Wellbeing; Mindfulness Wicklow; Meditation Wicklow; Relaxation Wicklow; Parenting Wicklow; Seichem Wicklow;